VCU is beginning a phased return to campus for the first time since March. The announcement was made via email, a video, and website.
The first phase is set to begin this month with the next phases following in two-week increments. The first students and employees to return will primarily be those in the health sciences programs and research.
The fall semester is now scheduled to begin on August 17, 2020.
Here is the timeline for returning as laid out on the Together VCU website:
- A limited number of students return for clinical placements; a limited number of student-athletes return
- Employees supporting clinical rotations and research return to campus
- The second phase of students for clinical placements and student-athletes return
- Approximately 50% of non-designated employees that cannot work well remotely return to campus; additional research faculty, staff and trainees return to campus.
- The third phase of students for clinical placements and student-athletes return
- Approximately 75% of non-designated employees that cannot work well remotely return to campus; additional research faculty, staff and trainees return to campus.
- Classes begin (MCV Campus students — follow departmental schedule)
- All positions needed to support the in-person student experience, and all non-designated employees unable to work well remotely return to campus. All others continue teleworking.
End of the semester
The last day of classes for both campuses will be Nov. 24. Final exams will take place remotely after the Thanksgiving holiday, running from Nov. 30-Dec. 4 for the MCV Campus, and from Nov. 30-Dec. 7 for the Monroe Park Campus.
Health sciences and other students may be returning after Thanksgiving to resume their clinical placements and similar activities to which they are committed.
Classes will run continually from August 17 until November 24. Reading days and fall break have been eliminated.
For more information, check out the Together VCU website.