After our one week hiatus, we are back with another WVCW Sports Recap. This week was light in terms of action as student-athletes took their final exams this week. However, action will resume this week.
- The Rams enjoyed a week off. They will resume action tonight when they face off against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in Atlanta at 9:00. They return to the Siegel Center on Saturday to face the #23 Cincinnati Bearcats at 4:00.
- A week after their second place finish in the Arizona State Classic, the Rams returned to the Stu to defend their homecourt against the University of Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks. UMES stormed out to an early 11-4 lead. However, the Rams were able to claw their way back into the game. The Rams outscored the Hawks 24-8 in the second quarter and the Hawks were not able to respond. The Rams pulled away in the second half and defeated the Hawks 63-39. Ashley Pegram led the Rams in scoring with 17 points. Curteeona Brelove recorded here first double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
- The Rams have a date with High Point on Wednesday at 7:00 before returning to the Siegel Center on Saturday to face the Old Dominion Monarchs at 7:30.
- VCU Baseball recently released their schedule for the upcoming season. Below are some key dates. The Full schedule can be seen at http://www.vcuathletics.com/sports/bsb/2015-16/schedule
- February 19: at Kennesaw State (First Game)
- February 24: vs. Maryland (Home Opener)
- March 9: vs. Old Dominion
- March 25-27: vs. St. Bonaventure (A-10 Opener)
- April 5: vs. Virginia
- April 20: at Virginia
- April 22-24: vs. Richmond
- May 5: at North Carolina
- May 25-29: Atlantic 10 Tournament (at Fordham)
- WVCW plans to broadcast each home game and a few away games.